The following activites are proposed :
- Conversation meetings each Tuesday afternoon;
- Regular visits to the movie theatre to watch movies in English language with a subsequent discussion;
- Let’s Lunch, meetings once a month to have a lunch together in a restaurant for informal talks;
- A Sewing Circle & Crafts workshop that is held one Monday a month;
- Lecture of theatre plays in English and in French;
- Outings and excursions in the region;
- Once a year, all members of the association meet for the Annual General Meeting, usually taking place in the chateau de la Roseraie in Carpentras, followed by a buffet provided by the participants.
Weekly conversation meetings are held at La Maison du Citoyen, 35 Rue du Collège, in Carpentras, every Thursday at 2.30 P.M. (except school holidays), where we discuss topics in French and English, to give members a chance to exercise their language skills whilst assisting one another. At the moment, stories about Sherlock Holmes, written by Conan Doyle, are read and discussed in both English and French
We occasionally go to the Rivoli cinema in Carpentras to see films in VO followed by refreshments in the cinema's café.
About every month, there is an organised event, generally with a meal followed with a quiz or a projection of slides. This gives everyone a chance to mingle and meet with a wide range of people. Regularly, once a month, we meet for "Let's Lunch" to tast local and also foreign cuisine and to get to know each other better. In 2020, before the first lockdown, we ate at the converted railway station at Loriol on the Via Venaissia, we discovered " Adrien Aumaitre ", tucked away behind the Carpentras-Monteux railway line and tried out the «Circle 85 » in the centre of Carpentras.
Members find more information about our restaurants in the Blog.
On 1st of March 2021, Association members walked to "Les Demoiselles Coiffées" and held a picnic there. We started from the picturesque " Hameau Des Baux " situated at the foot of Mont Ventoux, near Bédoin. The Site of the « Les Demoiselles Coiffées » is a natural beauty spot.
Various workshops take place regularly and the Association encourages proposals for new ideas for workshops.
French speaking members can give direct assistance to Anglophones when dealing with real estate agents or notaires or with French administration.
Assistance can also be provided regarding medicines and relations with pharmacists, doctors and hospitals.