The Association Franco-Britannique proposes various events and activities. Events are organised on a case by case basis, whereas activites take place regularly.
The following activites are proposed :
- Conversation meetings each Tuesday afternoon;
- Regular visits to the cinema to watch films in " V O " (Version Originale) followed by a discussion;
- Let’s Lunch, meetings once a month to have a lunch together in a restaurant for informal talks;
- Theatre play readings in English and in French;
- A Sewing Circle & Crafts workshop that is held one Monday a month;
- Lecture of theatre plays in English and in French;
- Outings and excursions in the region;
- Once a year, all members of the association are invited to the Annual General Meeting, which usually takes place at the Chateau de la Roseraie in Carpentras, followed by a buffet provided by the participants.
In addition, the association is open to organising more activities if requested by the members.
Examples of events that take place occasionally, are visits to exhibitions, galleries, museums or prominent monuments in the region. Members meet informally at special occasions like Christmas or at the end of the term, i.e. in summer for parties that are often accompanies by presentations or music. Other events are meetings for afternoon tea with dances, or a karakoe event that takes place once a year, or the organisation of an annual book exchange in January with the sharing of the " Galette des Rois ".
You find more information in particular about the current events and activities in the submenu.